Saturday, October 30, 2010

Earth Fire Institute

I was recently introduced to an amazing organization called The Earth Fire Institute (http://earthfireinstitute.org/) by one of my clients. They are a wildlife sanctuary in Idaho and they provide a home for animals who are no longer capable of living in the wild. Everything about this organization resonates with me. They are living out one of my dreams . . . and as a way of living vicariously through their experiences, I have spent hours delving into all the content on their website.

There is a section where you can read stories about all the animals who live there. (Go to the "Meet the Animals" tab). The stories will make you smile, make you cry and touch your heart.
The sanctuary is also a home to many wolves, bears, cougars, buffalo, etc. If you have an interest in learning more about wild animals and how their lives can be positively impacted when they are treated with kindness and respect, you will thoroughly enjoy every page of this website.

I poured over the stories about the wolves, as I have always had a special fondness for wolves, and I was so moved by the love, respect and tender care they are receiving at Earth Fire, it made me want to pack a suitcase and fly up there.

There is a video on the site that touched me very deeply. It shows one of the wolves, Apricot, who has a neurological disorder, allow someone to do energy healing treatments on her. Prior to trying energy healing, the only other option they were given for treatment was to give Apricot dangerous drugs to relieve her pain. To see how receptive this wolf was to energy healing, to see how much she allowed herself to trust the healer and surrender to the process was awe inspiring.

http://earthfireinstitute.org/2010/04/energy-healing-wolf/

I hope that you will take an opportunity to check out their website and learn more about the amazing work these folks are doing up there. It will give you a new perspective how incredibly wise and magical wild animals really are and what kind of relationship is possible when we allow ourselves to embrace the truth about the depth of animals ability to think and feel.

No comments: