Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Shifting Gears

Today, I was reminded that there might be something positive waiting behind things that don't look so positive at first, if we are willing to pivot. Where is the silver lining in the things that might have dragged us down in the past? 

It all began when I attempted to meditate in the backyard. I was so excited to see the sun finally come out and I couldn't wait to get out there. 

I got to enjoy maybe five minutes of that before I had to shift gears. It seemed the vacationers in the AirBNB behind me got engaged today and I was having increasing difficulty sharing their "joy" as they called every friend and family member on speaker phone to share their wonderful news! LOL

Quickly I made the decision to put my ipod on with earphones and let myself get lost in 1,000 of my most favorite songs rather than focus on how much I dislike living behind an AirBNB. 

Fortunately, the magic of the music found me and with each new song, I felt myself shifting into happier and happier states of mind . . . Goosebumps kept hitting me on certain lyrics as each new song played . . . it was as if it was a special "set" that had been assembled just for me today . . . 

It started with Steve Winwood gracing my heart and my ears as he sang "And we'll drink and dance with one hand free and have the world so easily, oh we'll be a sight to see, back in the high life again."

Then the Pretenders sang, "Now the reason we're here, every man, every woman . . . is to help each other - stand by each other. When love walks in the room, everybody stand up! Oh it's good, good good, say I love you, I love you, I love you!

After that Pete Townshend sang "Let my love open the door" and Eddie Money sang "She waits by her window and she shines her light for me, to help me through the harbor" 

This was followed by Lou Bega singing "Cause you can't run and you can't hide, you and me gonna touch the sky" and the Indigo Girls rounded out the set with "Let's make peace tonight, the moon is bare and shining bright, let's make peace tonight."

I think we ALL have something that can catapult us into higher frequencies, higher states of happiness . . . Fortunately for me, music is my thing and it is always there for me. 

Today I was nudged once again to not let what is happening around me keep my energy low and remember that there could just be something wonderful waiting around the corner if I am willing to alter my perspective just a bit and/or let go of what I had originally planned (silent meditation) and allow something else to occur (joyful connection with music and song lyrics). 

What helps YOU make that shift?  It might be helpful to have it "on hand" as the current energies are intense and it's a wonderful way to support ourselves. 



No comments: