Monday, November 14, 2022

Time To Use Our Senses

I suspect I'm not the only one who has had the experience of offering advice to someone and while the words are coming out of your mouth, you realize that it was a message for you as well - that you need to hear that same advice in that moment. This happens to me a lot - whether I am speaking to a client or a friend - I believe these moments of synchronicity are there to assist us if we are paying attention.

A humorous example of this is regarding the nose games my German shepherd Kino and I play almost every day. I cut up treats into tiny pieces (smaller than a kernel of corn) and hide them around the house for him to find. The funny thing is that I can tell when he is using his brain and not his nose because he begins running to "known" locations to search (and usually runs right past the treats that are right near him). When I say, "Kino you've gotta use your nose" I can instantly see the switch in his approach. As soon as he starts sniffing again, he ends up finding them much more quickly.

Quite a few times when I have heard myself say "Kino you've gotta use your nose" I get that little zing of confirmation that the message isn't just for him - it's for me as well!  In those moments, I will stop and ask myself "Where am I using my brain instead of my senses?" I can usually identify pretty quickly where I have slipped into trying to solve something with my linear mind rather than relying on my heart and my intuition. (Funny enough, the approach is often the same . . . when I am in my head, the "search" for answers is usually a little chaotic and unfruitful, as I "run" to known sources of information, frequently missing what is right in front of me)

I'm sharing this now because I am seeing the need for us all to rely much more on our own senses. We are being bombarded with so much information and there is so much disinformation or conflicting information flying around that it is really hard somedays to discern what the truth is or determine what our best next step is. 

My hope is that this post will encourage everyone to take a deep breath and go "inside" to see what your own senses tell you. I am a big fan of the "hand on the heart" method of checking in with myself. After a couple deep breaths, it is far easier to tune into what I know and/or determine if I NEED to know something in that moment. 

Kino says he appreciates the reminder to "use his nose" so he thought we should share this to encourage everyone to tap into their own senses, their own knowing and their own internal guidance. :-)  As the information "out there" seems to get louder and louder, I'm realizing over and over again how much I can tune into myself and rely on my own inner knowledge. I feel so much gratitude for my earth-bound guide, Kino who continues to keep me on track.




1 comment:

KathyBird said...

💖💖💖