Monday, September 14, 2015

Leo's Miracle

Last month I received a call from an old client of mine asking if I could come and do a healing and communication session with her dog Leo.  I had worked with Leo about 7 years ago, when we did Reiki treatments to assist his body in healing from surgery.  Now unfortunately, Leo's mom suspected his time here was coming to an end and she wanted to schedule a session to find out what she could do to help Leo be as comfortable as possible during this last phase of his life.

We schedule something for the following week, but a few days later, Leo's mom called and said he had taken a turn for the worse and she was afraid he wouldn't make it through the night.  He had stopped eating, he was too weak to stand up and when he went to the bathroom, there was a lot of blood in his stool.  I rushed over there that afternoon to do what I could to help.

When I arrived, Leo was laying under a tree in the yard.  It was so wonderful to see him again and I was touched that he was able to lift his head to greet me.  When I put my hands on him, I could feel how badly he felt.  His whole abdomen hurt and he was so tired he could barely keep his eyes open.  He told me that he didn't think he could get better and thought we needed to prepare for the end.  He had some important messages for his mom, which I could tell were things she really needed to hear.  His other request was that they focus on how wonderful his life was and not on the sadness of his transition.  As I continued to do Reiki on him, I got to enjoy hearing stories of Leo's life and could feel his happiness as his former escapades were recounted, especially the time he ate twelve freshly grilled hamburgers off the platter while the family was momentarily distracted.

When I leaned down to kiss him goodbye, my eyes welled with tears.  Even though I knew he would be just fine on the other side, there is still some sadness knowing you won't see them again in the physical world.  I told his mom to keep me posted, as Leo wanted to pass on his own without assistance and she was fine with that, as long as he wasn't in distress.

Over the course of the next week, each update from Leo's mom was curiously positive.  She sent text messages such as "Leo's doing a lot better today" or "Leo was interested in eating this morning" . . . each time she sent an update, it sounded like Leo wasn't going to transition after all.

After a few weeks, Leo seemed to be back to his old self, eating, drinking, exploring the yard and there was no more blood in his stools.  The only issue he was having was some weakness in his back leg so his mom asked me to come over and do another Reiki treatment on him.

When I arrived, this time Leo greeted me at the door, tail wagging.  The first thing he said to me was "Can you believe how good I'm doing?"  It was nothing short of a miracle given the condition he was in when I had last seen him.  His mom and I talked about how wild it was that all the signs we had seen a few weeks before that he was close to transitioning were all gone now.  Leo told me he was just as surprised as we were that he was able to improve.

This time when I was getting ready to leave, Leo walked me outside.  When I reminded him that he should drink a lot of water after a Reiki treatment, he laid down next to his bowl and lapped up a lot of water.

I know we can never predict what the energy will be able to do, that we must trust that it will always do what is in the highest good for the person or the animal.  I have always said that I go into each Reiki treatment hoping for a miracle and this time, I got to witness one.  :-)  It looks like Leo still has some important work to do here.


No comments: