Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Dog and the Deer

Every once in a while, you come across something that is too good to not pass along, whether it's a story, a video, a photograph or a great quote. When something touches you that much, you can't help but want others to have the same positive experience . . . and this is one of those times.

Recently, a good friend of mine sent me a video she found on the internet. She and I share an intense love of animals, and have since we were in elementary school, so I had a feeling I was going to enjoy the video . . . but I have to say, out of all the animal videos I have seen, this is by far one of my most favorites.

Every time I even think about the video, it makes me smile. I am not sure why this one touched me so much. It could be because it is moving to see animals of different species have such an amazing bond with one another or it could be that it is just soul-touching to see such a beautiful friendship between two beings, one that is filled with sheer delights as well as harmony.

The video is of a deer and a dog who have an undeniable friendship. They chase each other and frolic in the grass and they lay together on the dog's bed, looking absolutely content to be sharing the space with one another. Their affection for one another is so evident, I don't think anyone could question the connection these two animals have with one another.

Here is a link to the video . . . I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

http://www.dogwork.com/ddsff4/
click here

No comments: