Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lula is back home!!!

This week, I am finally able to say what I have been wanting to say for weeks . . . Lula is back home with her family again!!! This is the sweet little dog who was stolen from her home during a burglary in the beginning of August, that I wrote about in a previous blog. Her parents never gave up hope and never stopped looking for her and fortunately, their perseverance paid off!

Earlier this week, they got a call from someone who saw one of the thousands of fliers they posted all over the Bay Area . . . this person recognized her, as the dog she purchased at the San Jose Flea market several weeks ago, not knowing she was a stolen dog who already had a home. Fortunately, this person had a conscience and knew it was best to return Lula to her real family.

Aside from some pretty matted fur and some weight gain, Lula was in good shape upon her return and her grateful family has been making up for lost time this week, showering her with all the love they weren't able to give her for all those weeks she was gone.

If you want to see the story done about Lula's reunion with her family, check out the following link to Channel 5's coverage:

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=68772@kpix.dayport.com

I am just so happy that Lula is back home with her family again. It was a very long, frustrating, heart wrenching ordeal for them all and one that I would never wish on anyone. I hope the police find the people who burglarized their house (and countless other homes in their neighborhood) and stole their precious dog and I hope they are brought to justice.

In the meantime, I know I will sleep well, knowing Lula is finally back home where she belongs.


No comments: