Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Let The Healing Begin

For months now, I have been hearing people repeat this same phrase over and over again - worded exactly the same. Each time I hear it, it strikes me as odd. I have heard it from family members, neighbors, strangers in the grocery store - they say they need a particular person in office so we can "let the healing begin."

Given the number of people who keep saying it, I can only assume it's a line from a speech or something that is being stated over and over in the media . . . I can't see any other explanation for why so many people would keep saying the same thing verbatim. 

The thing that I find odd about it is I wonder why we would need someone to take office before we can "let the healing begin". . . I guess a big part of it is that for me healing is a very personal thing. We are free to heal ourselves, our bodies, our relationships, our planet any time we wish so I find it quite curious that so many people seem to have hung their hat on this tag line. 

Each time I hear someone repeat this phrase, I think to myself "Why can't we begin healing now?" "Why do we feel so unempowered to heal ourselves that we need certain things/people to be in place before we can start?

Do you know what you want to heal in your own life?  If so, I think that's a great place to start. After all, if we are able to heal ourselves, we can show up for our own lives and show up for others from a better and stronger position so why not start with ourselves?

Are there relationships you need to heal? If so, you can start there.

Are you dealing with physical ailments that require healing? If so, start looking at ways you can heal physically.

Are there emotional things going on with you that need healing? If so, look for ways you can start addressing some of the emotional things that are in front of you.

Does your community need healing? If so, look for ways you can help your community.

The actions we take don't have to be gigantic and grand. We don't need to single-handedly change the world but by doing what WE can, we can inspire others to do what THEY can. 

The more we help ourselves, the more we rely on ourselves to start the "healing process" the healthier we will all become.  Please consider that. If we all wait for someone or something else to be in place before the healing can begin, we might just find that the healing never starts. And it is my belief that that would be a big set back for all of us.




No comments: