Wednesday, March 21, 2018

What Is My Purpose?

There are many people who have been grappling with the question:  What is my purpose?   We want to have a fulfilling life and we often wonder "Why am I here?" What am I supposed to be doing??

Sometimes there is a subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) pull from deep inside . . . pushing us to connect with a stronger sense of purpose besides working to make money so we can pay the bills.

I came across a quote the other day that addressed this question in a way that really touched me.  I don't know who the author is, so I cannot give credit where credit is due but still wanted to share this.

Note to self:  

"What is my purpose in life?" I asked the void.  

"What if I told you that you fulfilled it when you took an extra hour to talk to that kid about his life? said the voice.  

"Or when you paid for that young couple in that restaurant?  Or when you saved that dog in traffic?  Or when you tied your father's shoes for him?  

Your problem is that you equate purpose with goal-based achievement.  God or the Universe or morality isn't interested in your achievements . . . just your heart.  

When you choose to act out of kindness, compassion and love, you are already aligned with your true purpose.  No need to look any further."  



No comments: