Thursday, February 5, 2015

Trust Your Intuition

One of the things I love about the work I do is the opportunity I have to help guardians begin to trust their own intuition.  I remember early on telling a client what I was picking up from her dog and seeing her eyes light up when she told me that was what she thought her animal was feeling as well.  On the drive home that day, I recall thinking that an important part of my work might be helping guardians learn to trust their own intuition and over the years, that is how is had unfolded.

It always makes me smile when a client says "That's what I thought was going on" or "That's what I thought he was feeling."  Confirming what my human clients are sensing about their animals is a big part of what I do.  I love being able to help guardians begin to trust their own "knowing" so they don't have to rely on someone like me.

Just this past week, I spoke with a client whose dog was getting close to making her transition.  She had a list of questions she wanted me to ask her dog and for every single answer I got from her dog, she said "That's what I thought."  When I pointed out to her that she already knew everything I was picking up from her dog, she said "Yes, but I wasn't trusting it . . . now because you have validated all these things, I think I will start trusting what I am sensing."

It's not that I am trying to work myself out of a job, I just enjoy having the opportunity to help people tap into their own gifts.  I believe we are all intuitive - it's just a matter of learning to listen to what our inner guidance is telling us and quieting the voice in our heads that make us second guess ourselves.

We may call it a hunch or a gut feeling, or it may be a thought that pops into our mind.  The more we can trust what comes into our minds, the more confidence we can develop in the guidance we are receiving.  And the more we listen . . . the stronger our intuition can become.

Are you listening to your guidance? Are you trusting your knowing?  Or are you second guessing yourself?  Maybe it's time to ask the "second-guesser" to take a break and see what happens when you trust what you are sensing with your animals.



No comments: