Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Final Words of Wisdom

In my work with animals, I often am given the opportunity to be present in their final hours - to offer energy to soothe them and to help assist them in sharing their important messages with their family members. While it makes my heart heavy to experience the grief with their guardians, I also find it an honor to be a part of this sacred part of an animal's journey.

I continue to be in awe of the messages that I am asked to share . . . messages that touch their guardian's hearts and leave them with comfort, insights and inspiration.

There was one dog in particular who stands out in my mind because I had only met his parents a couple other times before that day.  When I got there to give Max a final reiki treatment, they all assembled on the floor of the master bedroom . . . mom and dad and their three children were all there.  Max had messages for everyone - and they were things I couldn't possibly have known.

He asked the kids to help out more around the house and help take the burden off of mom.  He asked that they talk to each other more kindly, starting sentences with "Can you please  . . . " (take out the garbage, empty the dishwasher, etc).  Max's mom tearfully told me afterwards that every one of Max's requests made perfect sense to her.  There was no doubt in her mind that what she was hearing was coming directly from Max.

Just the other week, a precious cat named Poppy was ready to make her transition.  One of the messages she had for her parents was that she knew they had different ways of processing their grief and she asked if they would be supportive of each other and honor each other's needs in the weeks that followed.  Her parents seemed to know exactly what she was talking about, admitting that they did have different ways of processing emotion and they promised their sweet Poppy that they would do as she requested.

I have had the honor of delivering hundreds of these types of messages for animals before they made their transitions and I feel so blessed to be able to assist them in this way.  They are so much more than "pets" . . . they are our guardians . . . they come into our lives to help us and the commitment they have to their guardians is ever-present, right up until the very end.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss Tina. I know how much you love your Rotties. This will take time to heal my friend. Know they will never truly leave you. This is an amazing story about the Power of Love..

Angel