Saturday, December 14, 2013

Update on Lacy

***Latest news:  After a roller coaster ride of potential adoptions falling through this weekend and many people begging the shelter to give us more time, this story has a happy ending!!  Miss Lacy was placed in foster care today!!!  Thank you to every one of you - who got the word out about Lacy, who sent her energy, who held positive intentions on her behalf, etc.  It all created some wonderful energy that manifested in a loving foster home for Kino's only friend.****


First of all, I just have to say how stunned I was at the outpouring of support for Lacy.  I never expected to get the kind of response I got and it touched me deeply.  From people forwarding the information on line and talking up Lacy at dog parks to people offering to send energy to her, to help her stay calm.  My inbox and my phone were filled with loving support, from people I knew and from people I never met, all wanting to do what they could to help Lacy.  I feel tremendous gratitude to each and every person who reached out to me this week - bless you all!

Now onto Lacy:  The potential adopter we thought we had for Lacy unfortunately fell through today.  :-(  But there are two more people who are interested in meeting her and potentially adopting her, so San Jose Animal Advocates has asked the shelter to extend Lacy's time by another day or two.  We're waiting on confirmation that they WILL extend her time, but everyone is feeling pretty confident that she has another couple days.  (Big exhale)  :-)

As soon as I have more information, I will post an update.  Again, thank you all for the amazing support for Kino's mentor.  He appreciates it as much as I do, in part because Lacy is about the only dog we've met so far that will put up with his "social skills" and he doesn't want to lose the only dog friend he has right now.

No comments: