Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Promise Fulfilled

Many years ago, I was writing a book about my life with Lucky, detailing all the things we had learned in our years together.  Then for a variety of reasons, the book got set aside . . .  I promised Lucky before she passed away that I would finish the book but never expected almost three years to pass before I pulled it out again.

In July, one of my clients told me that Hay House Publishing was having a nonfiction writing contest and we decided it was time for me to dust off my manuscript and finally get the book done!

The last few months have been filled with writing, editing, rewriting and more editing and with the love and support of many friends I am happy to say it is now complete.  Today I submitted my book - and have breathed a huge sigh of relief!

The contest winners won't be announced until November 1st, but I know I will sleep well tonight knowing that I was able to fulfill the promise I made to my sweet girl.


No comments: