Saturday, January 9, 2010

Communicating with those on the other side

If you read my blog regularly, you know that in November, I finally learned how to feel Lucky's presence when she visits me from the other side. It was a wonderful discovery and it has given me great comfort to know when she is here.

When I feel her presence, it is usually at night when I get into bed. I feel a ball of energy in front of me, between my heart and my head and the energy is so dense that it feels as if my breath is bouncing off the energy and coming back at me. It is similar to how you might feel if you held a pillow an inch from your face and exhaled deeply . . . you would feel your breath 'bounce back' . . . and that's the sensation that always tells me Lucky is here. She seems to come when I have had a tough day, or when I have been missing her a lot and it warms my heart to know that she's still watching over me, knowing when I need to feel her presence.

The one thing that has disappointed me is that, even though I know she is here, I can't communicate with her. I talk to her but I can't hear her. I sense very strongly that she is trying to communicate with me, yet I can't seem to pick up any information from her. I have assumed I must not have the ability to communicate with those who have crossed over.

This Wednesday, I got an email from a friend of mine, letting me know her precious dog, Natalie, had passed away on December 30th. We knew the end was coming, although we didn't know exactly how soon, so while I wasn't surprised that Natalie had made her transition, it still made me sad . . . mostly sad for her mom and dad who loved her so deeply. I knew how intense their grief was and I wished, as I always do, that I could lessen the pain that people feel when they lose an animal. In her note, my friend wrote that she hoped Natalie was with Lucky, playing and running free.

That night when I got into bed, I immediately felt Lucky's energy. I thanked her for coming to visit me and was telling her the usual stuff . . . that I missed her with all my heart and wished she could still be here with me. I noticed that the energy was particularly dense and was wondering why, when all of the sudden it occurred to me that Lucky was not alone. I knew right away that Natalie was with her. I began speaking to Natalie, telling her how sorry I was that I hadn't been able to see her before she made her transition and letting her know I had just been in touch with her mom that day. I told her how much her parents missed her and loved her.

Normally, once I have spoken to Lucky, I begin to feel the energy dissipate, so I was surprised when, after speaking to both of them, the density of the energy still hadn't changed. I asked Natalie is there was something she wanted to say, and while I was wishing I had the ability to "hear" what animals say from the other side, I was suddenly flooded with words.

She had some messages for her mom and dad and they came through as clearly as they would have if she was standing there talking to me. She wanted me to tell them that they had made the right decision to help her cross over and that they had done it at the right time. She also wanted me to remind them that they have always been a great team and she didn't want them to forget that. She wanted me to remind them to help each other through the grief they were experiencing.

I promised her I would pass her message along to them, thinking that I would do it first thing in the morning. Once again, I was aware that the energy was still just as dense and I wondered why . . . then I laughed as I heard myself say, "Oh, you want me to email them right now?" and with a slightly apologetic tone, I felt her tell me she was afraid I would forget some of her message if I waited until morning. I told her that I would get up right then and get on the computer, and it was then that I finally felt the energy start to dissipate.

As promised, I got out of bed immediately, threw on my robe and went upstairs to send her parents an email. As I was sitting at the computer, I got a little more information from she and Lucky. Natalie had been wanting to get a message to her parents but she and Lucky knew I wouldn't have known Natalie was there with Lucky if I didn't know she had passed on. They had to wait until I knew before their visit would make sense to me. So, it seemed perfectly orchestrated that they would visit me on the same day that Natalie's mom had emailed me to tell me about Natalie.

In the subject line of the email I sent to her parents, I wrote, "Natalie IS with Lucky" and then typed out her message. I felt honored to be able to deliver a message to them, from their precious girl and I was so excited that I had finally been able to "hear" messages from the other side.

Still, it left me feeling slightly disappointed that I couldn't hear what Lucky was saying to me. The next couple of nights, I could feel Lucky's presence again and tried to just open my mind and heart to whatever she had to say . . . and once again, I heard nothing. I told her how sorry I was that I wasn't hearing her, because I knew how hard she was trying to communicate with me. I am not sure why I am blocked, although I suspect I am probably still too emotional about Lucky to keep the pathway opened. I find that I often start to cry when I feel her presence and it may result in the psychic equivalent of putting ear muffs on.

At least I now know it is possible for me to receive messages from those on the other side. It has inspired me to keep trying, to stay opened to the possibility of receiving messages from Lucky. Maybe someday soon, I'll write a blog about all the things I finally heard Lucky say.

No comments: