Monday, January 17, 2022

Maybe It's Time To Try Something Different

For those of you that know me, you know I get messages through song lyrics and lately the majority of the lyrics have had a similar theme . . . and that theme is LOVE!  It has inspired me to keep bringing myself back to my heart . . . when I have to figure out what action to take, when I am trying to determine how to respond to something or when I just need a bit of a lift. I've noticed how quickly it can shift me from feeling confined to feeling much more expanded.

So here is something to consider . . . instead of judging and blaming others or being frustrated by what they are doing / not doing or slogging through the whole day feeling depleted . . . how about seeing what it feels like to operate from a place of love. I believe that what we focus on expands, so just maybe, if we all focus on what we love, we'll draw in more things to love!  And if we approach things from a place of love, maybe it will be easier to see things from that perspective. It couldn't hurt to try, right?  

Several times lately, I have woken up hearing a part of a Bellamy Brothers Song . . . Here's the part of "Let Your Love Flow" that I keep hearing . . . 

Jut let your love flow like a mountain stream
And let your love grow with the smallest of dreams
And let your love show
And you'll know what I mean, it's the season
Let you love fly like a bird on a wing
And let your love bind you to all living things
And let your love shine
And you'll know what I mean, that's the reason

And in case you need some inspiration to get started, I've includied a picture of one of our recent sunsets here in California. (This picture was taken by my neighbor Michael Van Riper). For me, there's no way to NOT feel love when I look at pictures like this.  :-)  




No comments: